During the polio epidemic of 1946, there was mass hysteria, and the media spread the misguided notion that spraying DDT prevented polio.
DDT Kills Mosquitoes, But Not Polio
DDT May Actually Cause Polio-Like Syndrome
DDT kills insects such as mosquitoes, however, DDT does not prevent polio. DDT is a neurotoxin which causes infantile paralysis, a syndrome indistinguishable from polio, itself.
Morton S. Biskind MD published a series of articles in the medical literature describing DDT toxicity causing a syndrome identical to polio.(1-3)
Image courtesy of Universal News Collection
DDT was banned in 1972. The Silent Spring Institute continues the work of Rachel Carson, and has focused on chemicals in the environment which are neurotoxins and cause breast cancer.
Dissolving Illusions Book by Suzanne Humphries
Rachel Carson and the Banning of DDT
PCOS,BPA and Endocrine Disruptors
Is Your Baby Toxic from Environmental Pollution?
1) The Ecologist. Polio: the virus and the vaccine. Janine Roberts 1st May, 2004 Polio Virus Vaccine Janine Roberts_Ecologist 2004
2) The American Journal of Digestive Diseases November 1953, Volume 20, Issue 11, pp 331-341 Public health aspects of the new insecticides Morton S. Biskind
Exerpts from Biskind's article in Digestive Diseases Nov 1953
3) The American Journal of Digestive Diseases
March 1949, Volume 16, Issue 3, pp 79-84
DDT poisoning and the elusive “virus X:” A new cause for gastro-enteritis. Morton S. Biskind M.D.
Dissolving Illusions: Disease, Vaccines, and The Forgotten History Paperback – July 27, 2013 by Suzanne Humphries MD (Author), Roman Bystrianyk (Author)
5) Virus or poisoned drinking water? Írta: Andrea Lepold – 2011. december 30.
An Examination of the Tajik Poliomyelitis "Epidemic" (The Complete Study)
6) CDC Sprinting Towards the Polio Finish Line Suzanne Humphries
CDC and Friends Sprinting Towards the Polio “Finish Line,” by Suzanne Humphries, MD
7) The Poison Cause of Poliomyelitis And Obstructions To Its Investigation by Ralph R. Scobey, M.D. Syracuse, N.Y.
8) Pesticides and Polio: A Critique of Scientific Literature
Posted on February 8, 2003 by Jim West
9) Buy on Amazon DDT/Polio: Virology vs Toxicologyby Jim West
10) The Poison Cause of Poliomyelitis And Obstructions To Its Investigation, Statement prepared for the Select Committee to Investigate the Use of Chemicals in Food Products, United States House of Representatives, Washington, D.C. Archives of Pediatrics, April 1952, Ralph R. Scobey, M.D. Syracuse, N.Y.
Jeffrey Dach MD
7450 Griffin Road Suite 180/190
Davie Florida 33314